Re: [hylafax-users] factors in bad scan lines

Lee Howard <faxguy@deanox.com> writes:

> >> Yes, it does.  It happens whether I use xonxoff or rtscts.  I haven't tried
> >> none.
> >
> >How did you switched them on? Proper flow control should be set via special
> >fax mode commands (AT+FLO for Class2.0; not specified for Class1 or Class2,
> >so such modems use their own non-standard methods). ModemFlowControl:
> ><something> in your config is usually *not* enough.
>
> True...
>
> ModemFlowControl:	RTSCTS #(or XONXOFF)
> ModemNoFlowCmd:	AT&K0
> ModemSoftFlowCmd:	AT&K4
> ModemHardFlowCmd:	AT&K3
> Class2NFLOCmd:	AT&K0 #(Class 2 doesn't support AT+FLO typically)
> Class2SFLOCmd:	AT&K4	# "	"
> Class2HFLOCmd:	AT&K3	# "	"

Are you sure that AT&K works the same way in fax mode? They needn't ... For
Class2 personnaly I prefer to use xonxoff, which usually is switched on
automatically by AT+FCLASS=2. Thus special Class2*FLOCmd commands are
simply not needed.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry