Re: [hylafax-users] Install hylafax under linux RHS 6.2 successfully.

On Tuesday, August 15, 2000, at 7:12:53 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
> I successfully installed on redhat 6.2 from the rpm ion this site
> last night. http://www.deanox.com/HylaFAX

4.1beta2-5rh6.  An excelennt vintage, sir, if I may say so myself..

> I had to update libtiff to the updated redhat package, ie this package
> (although this is probably not the best server for you to get it from)

> ftp://ftp.redhat.co.nz/pub/linux/dist/redhat/updates/6.2/i386/libtiff-3.5.5-
> 2.i386.rpm

Yep, that'll do.

> other than that I think all the needed packages were on the redhat 6.2 cd.

I actually just did that install myself, last night.  I had a slight
problem in dependencies; that RPM wants libgr, libgr-devel, and
libgr-progs... and the latter conflicts with a bunch of tiff utilities
that come in with, I think, libtiff.  I suspect it's a 6.1/6.2 thing;
my system was on 6.1.

> I had it up and running in about half an hour using the rpm.

Smashing!  The success stories are good to hear, really; thanks for
the pleasant report.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff