Re: [hylafax-users] Latest version??

On Monday, July 24, 2000, at 7:17:59 PM, Neil Dean wrote:
> I've just been looking about the ftp site for the most up to date STABLE
> version I can find.

Depends on what you mean by 'stable'.  If you mean 'the version that
installs and configures with the least fuss', that's one thing.  If
you mean 'once I figure out how to configure the frigging thing, it
just runs', that's another.  :-)

I'm running 4.0pl2-?rh5 and 4.1beta1-?rh6 from rpm, on two different
servers, and had to twiddle each a bit, but once in proper alignment,
they work just fine.  We're (presumptuous of me, ain't it, Darren?
:-) trying desparately to work up enough momentum to get everything
clean for 4.1, but it ain't happened yet.

Has anyone thought about Sourceforge?

> I have also just downloaded and am compiling libtiff 3.5.5 so any
> suggestions of which one I should use in conjunction with that would be
> greatly appreciated and may help in on going quest to send a fax!

The problem is more that you have to rebuild *HylaFAX* once you have
the newer libtiff in place; it cheats and looks inside header files it
oughtn'a.  You're better off just grabbing 3.4.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff
The Suncoast Freenet