[hylafax-users] Re: Date and time on rcvd faxes

Gasch David wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I'm looking for a way to print the server's system date/time on received
> facsimiles. We receive alot of documents each day, most of the times the
> date/time sent by the remote faxmachine isn't correct. Our controlling
> department needs exact times tho..
>
> I don't expect HylaFax to provide this kind of functionality, but maybe
> someone has already been confronted with this problem!?
>
> Regards, David
> Cellway Kommunikationsdienste GmbH
> David Gasch
> EDV / Systeme & Kommunikation
> Lilienthalstr. 4
> 85399 Hallbergmoos
> Tel. 0811/811-1339
> eMail: David.Gasch@cellway.de
Hi David,

i made a small shell/awk skript.(see attachment)
the script takes the incoming tif-file, calls fax2ps
patches a line receipt: date in the ps-stream
afterwards you can pipe the output to lpr or a file or whatever you
want.
HIH
/Matthias

--
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880599

print_fax.sh