[hylafax-users] Re: problem with WHFC

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 01:21:52PM -0400, toki wrote:

> My next step was to install WHFC as a test.  It works on a Windows 95
> machine, but when I tried to install it on my Windows NT 4.0 machine, it
> will not let me enter the user name under fax -> user preferences, and as
> a result faxes sent are rejected.  This option is greyed out for some
> reason and its driving me nuts.  Did anyone else have this problem??  I
> tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but it did not help.  Is
> the order in which you install things important (i.e. should the
> executable be installed first, then the port setup...)

I'm using whfc without problems under win95/98/NT clients, even with
odbc phonebook tied to a mysql database. I can check, but if I
remember well I've installed the client and set up the "system" menu as
Administrator, then I've completed the "user" setup as normal user.
Anyway, tomorrow I can check this.

--
Fabio Coatti       http://www.ferrara.linux.it/members/cova
Ferrara Linux Users Group           http://ferrara.linux.it