Re: New Installation Problems

Michael DeMutis <maillist@2gen.net> wrote:

> [snip]
> The faxq scheduler returns an error to /var/log/message that says:
>
> Missing ':' separator in modem class specification

See question Q325 in the FAQ at :

   http://www.hylafax.org/HylaFAQ/Q325.html

> [snip]
> When I type faxstat I get: "HylaFAX scheduler on localhost: Running"

Mine says :

[root /root]# faxstat
HylaFAX scheduler on derrick.elgro.co.uk: Running
Modem ttyS1 (723304): Running and idle
[root /root]#

Are you running faxgetty? It is recommended even in a send-only
environment.

> I have some questions that I can't figure out:
>
> In /var/spool/fax/etc there are 2 config files:
>
> there is "config" and "config.cuaa1"
>
> Are both needed?  Are both used?

Yes and yes. The former is the configuration for the fax server;
latter for the modem.

> Here are pastes of both of those config files:
>
> /var/spool/fax/config:
> [snip]
> ModemClass:             Class2

Remove this line.