Re: Re: Hylafax question

Hi Dave,

At 12:39 AM 2000/4/26 -0400, Dave Wreski wrote:

> > >I see from your post to the Hylafax list (below) that you
> > >have used Hylafax with 30 modems.  I am helping someone who
> >
> > In fact we have 45 modems connected now !!
>
>Wow, what model modem are you using? ;)

We have Zyxel U336RE and Hong Kong made Active modem cards.

> > The version we're using now is v4.1 with some additional patches
> > (mainly for the RTN problem). As we have the system running smoothly
>
>Can you explain what the RTN problem is?

In fact I'm not too sure ! As far as I understand, after sending a page, modems
of both sides will do some hand shake to check the connection (retrain), if the
handshake failed, the RTN will report. Please check the HylaFAX home page
for details or ask Dmitry.

>Thanks,
>Dave

Yours,