Re: req: fagetty man addition - HylaFAX won't answer

> I am requesting that in the faxgetty man page that it be mentioned that
> "device" refers to EXACTLY the same device name that was used in response
> to the "Serial port that modem is connected to" during the faxaddmodem

Although it might not do any harm to add it, in my view it is obvious,
and, if any documentation needs changing, it is that of the Linux
distributions that confuse matters by having /dev/modem in the first
place.  In my view this is a misguided attempt at user friendliness,
which fails for exactly the users it is trying to be friendly to.

If you are going to change the Hylafax documentation, you should point out
that every single application that uses the modem should use the same
name, not just the different parts of Hylafax.