req: fagetty man addition - HylaFAX won't answer

Thinking about it now I feel quite stupid, but if a simple addition to the
faxgetty man page were made, it would have saved me quite a bit of time in
figuring out the degree of my stupidity.

I am requesting that in the faxgetty man page that it be mentioned that
"device" refers to EXACTLY the same device name that was used in response
to the "Serial port that modem is connected to" during the faxaddmodem
script.  (It may not be a bad idea to add it also to the faxaddmodem man
page also.)

If a user prefers to use /dev/modem, then they MUST be consistent in that
device name throughout the HylaFAX configuration.  Likewise for /dev/ttySx.
 Obviously (or not quite), if the two devices (the one in the faxgetty
command and the one given during faxaddmodem) differ, the modem will not
pick up incoming calls.  This knowledge is critical when using more than
one modem, whether both for faxing or not.

This was especially confusing to me because of the many references to an
init command such as: "mo:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty modem" rather
than "mo:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS1".  It appears commonplace to
create /dev/modem linking to /dev/ttySx... RedHat especially likes this
with modemcfg.  The HylaFAX web site has a link to
http://cirl.meei.harvard.edu/hylafax/linux/INSTALL-linux-4.1beta2.html,
which is a wonderful help, but is quite confusing, if not misleading,
regarding this issue.  Much of the "Serial Lines for Linux and HylaFAX"
paragraph could be eliminated by following its own advice in the previous
paragraph of sticking to the /dev/ttySx nomenclature.  (I.e. the ln and
setserial executions become unnecessary.)

Then again... I'm using HylaFAX 4.1beta1 rather than beta2, and maybe this
is a difference.

Thanks everyone for the help and great HylaFAX package.

Lee Howard