Re: Slackware 7.0 and hylafax-v4-0pl2

Hoo Kok Mun wrote:
>>fax:*:10:14:Facsimile Agent:/var/spool/fax:
>

>Yes, this entry is there. Does it have a password? I reset the password to
"password"

No password because there will be no login; leave password entry as '*'.

>Anyway, I have some other problems.
>These is the log when I tried to send from my fax machine to the hylafax.
>
>ERROR: terminated abnormally: Missing EOL after 5 seconds
>How do I solve this problem?

Sorry, no idea.

>Few more questions on whfc.
>1) In the host entry, do I put in the Linux host name?

Yes, the name of the computer which is running HylaFAX. Remember each
Windows PC running whfc needs to have a \WINDOWS\HOSTS file (if you are
not using DNS) with an entry for the HylaFAX server.

>2) When I ran whfc, it prompted me a password. Whatever password I keyed in
were not >valid. I tried the password for root, fax, hkmun(my username),
etc. All failed.

HylaFAX has its own password file. It's called hosts.hfaxd and it is kept in
the directory /var/spool/fax/etc. Add a line to this file of '.*' (without
the
quotes) which will allow every whfc user to access the fax server. Read the
hosts.hfaxd man page for details - and if you want to learn more regular
expressions
the man page for grep has a good summary.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Leicester, UK.