Re: comments about hylafax suse faq

Hello,

Fri, 03 Mar 2000, χΩ ΞΑΠΙΣΑΜΙ:
> George,
>
> here are my comments to your FAQ.
>
> - i aggree to most off the FAQ
	I'm glad you looked it over.

> - step 7.B: you have to edit hosts.hfaxd (or hosts) if you
>   want to sent faxes from another machine via the machine on which
>   the hylafax server runs (as far as i known your story you run everything
>   on one single computer)
	I run everything off a laptop.  I had someone contact me about
this.  Are you referring to a LAN setup?  The person who contacted me, is
thinking about writing a HylaFax LAN HOW-TO for SuSE
users.

 > - step 8.B: i use sendfax -n -d xx /etc/hosts for testing.
>   /etc/hosts is just a simple ascii text file (every other textfile would
> work)
>   i think this way you can eliminate problems that arrise from converting
> false PS-code
>   to TIFF
	Good tip.  I did not know.  I don't know what a "converting false
PS-code" is, but apparantly this could happen, and the poor guy thinks
HylaFax is misconfigured.  Correct?
	Can a regular user shoot shoot of the /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts.hfaxd
file?  No permissions problems arise?

Thanks
Georg