Re: Modem missing in faxstat

Matthew Baker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to this list but have checked through the archives and FAQ and
> have not found an answer to this question.
>
> I have a Toshiba Tecra with builtin modem running SuSE 6.1 and HylaFax
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Which brand ?
Hylafax supports not all modems! faxaddmodem tells the
brand while setting up. You donīt remember ? Oh,
look at your config-file /var/spool/fax/etc/config.modem
or config.ttyS0, or ..S1 , ..  . Youīll find the brand in
the first line. You find only "... class1 ..." without
brand name ? What a pity !
Your modem is not supported by hylafax (yet). You have
to edit the generic Class1 configuration file on your own
and try and try ... Have fun !
Look at configuration-files of supported brands in
/var/spool/fax/config . Perhaps try Class1 config-files of
some supported brands.

You have found the brand in the fist line? Congratulations!
Your modem should be supported. Post the brand to this
list an specify your problems (again).

cheers
Ekkard