Re: modem (2.0): canīt receive from Class1-machines

Dmitry Bely wrote:

> > Has somebody an idea where I can search ?
>
> Invoke minicom and initialize the modem with
> AT+FCLASS=2.0;+FAA=1
>
> When an incoming call (from your 6-years old fax machine) will arrive, the
> modem will print RING message. Issue ATA and see how the modem reports the
> type of connection. If it prints +FDM, you have no way around -- the bug is
> firmware-related.

I did it:

----------
atz
OK
AT+FCLASS=2.0;+FAA=1
OK

RING
ata
+FDM
-----------  I got  +FDM .   :-((((

Can you tell me what FDM and FCO mean ? Web-link ?

thank you for your help

I think I will public my config.modem with this
firmware feature. Arowana-modem is not perfectly
configurable with data- and fax-recognition
simultaneously.

bye
Ekkard

BTW: