Re: Please Help: "Waiting for modem to come"

joker wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I got problems sending faxes with Hylafax. The server seems to run
> (tested with faxstat -srv) and my modem (Elsa Microlink 56K) is alright
> too (cu -l /dev/modem works).
> But when I want to send a fax, the send queue says: "waiting for modem
> to come" and root gets thousand mails.
> Faxgetty gets loaded in /etc/inittab.
>
> What could I try ???

I got this error very often when I edited the config.modem - file and
have done wrong configuration. You´re sure you didn´t edit the
original config-file of elsa-microlink modems? Alread tested the
config-file from www.elsa.com homepage ?
After you´ve tested all, send your results of your tests and
send your config.modem-file to this list.

I hope I here from you soon.

Cheers
Ekkard