Re: Hylafax on PowerMacs

At 12:07 AM 10/31/99 -0400, Iain Stevenson wrote:

>Has anyone got experience of running Hylafax on LinuxPPC on a PowerMac?   I
>have compiled and installed the latest beta and have the following problems
>(note - I have one of the "infamous" USR 56K Voice FaxModems):
>
>- it is variable in sending performance - works to a fax machine, sends blank
>faxes to a PC

Could you try an produce a session log - the problems to hard to diagnose
otherwise.

>- faxgetty fails with a segmentation fault at the end of a receive session

This is not good - could you run gdb against the core file, even just to
find the location of the fault(type 'where' at the gdb prompt).

>- faxstat -v returns gobbledygook about not being able to set up a network
>connection (I enter the command at the server - my only Linux machine).

Double check the obvious stuff ie all the daemons are running, and cut and
paste the failure message faxstat produces.

- Robert