Hylafax on PowerMacs

Has anyone got experience of running Hylafax on LinuxPPC on a PowerMac?   I
have compiled and installed the latest beta and have the following problems
(note - I have one of the "infamous" USR 56K Voice FaxModems):

- it is variable in sending performance - works to a fax machine, sends blank
faxes to a PC

- faxgetty fails with a segmentation fault at the end of a receive session

- faxstat -v returns gobbledygook about not being able to set up a network
connection (I enter the command at the server - my only Linux machine).

I have done all the configuration and operation logged in as 'root'.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

  Iain Stevenson