Fax Image Issue

Hello,

I am submitting this report on behalf of my customer, the National Bank of New Zealand.  They use HylaFax software, and are experiencing a problem when they send a Fax to a Fax Mailbox, on the telco voice/fax mailbox platform.

The problem is the fax mailbox customer does not receive the fax image.

Attached is a report from our Fax Support Centre engineer, that accurately summarises the problem, plus a small excerpt from the fax analyser log, highlighting the error detected in the fax protocol.  These have been zipped to save email size.

Below this message is information on the verson of the fax software, and the type of modem.

What we are unsure about is whether or not this is a fax software or modem configuration issue, rather than a bug.

If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to send these to me.

Thanks,

Barry Miskimmin
Telecommunications Consultant
Telecom New Zealand Limited
*********
The Fax Software is HylaFAX v4.0pl1 under Solaris 2.6 compiled with gcc we don't the version). The modem model is Microcom DeskPorte 28.8P (we don't know the firmware version).

NZ_FAX.zip