password and port problems

I've loaded  Hylafax on a linux machine with the client as whfc
downloaded from www.transcom.de/whfc/download.However when i try to
connect to the afx server from windows machine i get a message saying
could not connect to the server , connection reset by peer.
I also have an another problem ,during installion of the fax server
using Faxsetup program it creates a uucp user called fax. When i change
the password of the user:fax and again i try to login from windows 95
it doesn't get connected.

Anybody who knows an answer, please solve this problem

regards

vijay