modem not ready

I have a motorola lifestyle 28.8 which is a class 1 faxmodem. I cannot
make it work with hylafax 4.1beta1 on redhat linux 6.0

The result of faxstat:

HylaFAX scheduler on myfaxserver.com: Running
Modem ttyS0 (+1.123.123.234): Waiting for modem to come ready

The modem connection have no problem testing under minicom. And I have
tested using hardware/software flow control but no luck.

kei