Re: ELSA MikroLink[tm] Office or US-Robotics & Hylafax

David Woolley wrote:

> > I play with the idea to get one of those modems
> > which have a telefon answering maschine, and stand alone ability like the
>
> Voice modems often only have Class 1 fax, which puts more performance
> requirments on the host machine.
>
> > '56.6k, extern, US-Robotiks Message Pro, V 90'
>
> Sportsters, and their rebadged by 3Com equivalents, have a bad reputation,
> although I believe workarounds are known for the current firmware versions
> and they should work in Class 1.

Hey,

I've got the fucking USR Sportster message plus - and either the
standalone Fax-receive does not work (Firmware 12.1.24)
or the Faxprocess is interrupted after the first page (with class1 and
class2.0) with the newest Firmware 12.1.25.

So beware of US Robotics - they don't answer any support-mails neither.

Ciao
Bernd