Re: ELSA MikroLink[tm] Office or US-Robotics & Hylafax

> I play with the idea to get one of those modems
> which have a telefon answering maschine, and stand alone ability like the

Voice modems often only have Class 1 fax, which puts more performance
requirments on the host machine.

> '56.6k, extern, US-Robotiks Message Pro, V 90'

Sportsters, and their rebadged by 3Com equivalents, have a bad reputation,
although I believe workarounds are known for the current firmware versions
and they should work in Class 1.

> or 56.6k, extern 'ELSA MicroLink[tm]Office, V90'.

The problem here is not knowing what this really is.