From: owner-flexfax@celestial.com [mailto:owner-flexfax@celestial.com]On
Behalf Of Jay R. Ashworth
Sent: 21 June 1999 17:13
To: flexfax@sgi.com
Subject: Re: flexfax: Help choosing a UK modem for Hylafax

On Mon, Jun 21, 1999 at 11:15:04AM +0100, Tony Green wrote:
> I would really appreciate some help in choosing a modem for hylafax.  I am
> currently using 8 x Hayes Optima 288, and have the known problem with them
> not hanging up correctly.
>
> I have the budget to get some new modems. Having checked the documentation
> on the website I can see few modems that both work well and are well know
> brands in the UK.

I hear excellent things about the MultiTech modems, although I've only
personally installed one for use with HF.  I had a small problem; they
had tech support people who actually knew that Linux and HF existed,
and helped me get it fixed promptly.

The MT5634ZDX was the model I used, it was about $190 or so, external.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth