Re: frontend for faxmail

At 13:45 18/06/99 +0530, KMS <kms@cmcdak.cmcltd.com> wrote:
>hi,
>    I am running a hylafaxserver version v4.0pl2 on a linux machine and
>my problem is
>where should I mention the user@526357.fax  user@hostname  for e-mail
>messages
>on the front end.I am using pine and it's taking the above as two
>addresses.

I'm not sure where you have got the 'user@hostname' from, but it is not
part of the email address. Perhaps you are confusing the documentation
concerning the parameters to the faxmail program.

You will need to modify your MTA (eg sendmail) to recognize and act on
the user@526357.FAX type of address. See my email on Friday, or search
the mailing list archives for more details.

It is simpler to use the sendmail alias file instead, and useful if you
have just a few frequently used fax numbers. To take the example from
the faxmail man page, add to /etc/aliases :-

       sam: "|/usr/local/bin/faxmail -d sam@526357"

Remember to regenerate the aliases database with the 'newaliases' command
and to re-initialize sendmail with 'kill -HUP <pid of sendmail>'. Then
you'll be cooking on gas.

Hope this helps,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.