Re: Hylafax boot funkiness...

Excellent!! This took care of the problem.  I did try
faxmodem -c (a string of numbers that I can't remember but that were the output
of querrying the modem per the man page) and got no results from that.  But no
big deal (for me anyways) since inbound faxes is on a tertiary level of concern
for me at this point.

Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions!!

-dave