Re: Hylafax boot funkiness...

Dave Preston wrote:
>=20
> I'm running Hylafax 4.0pl2 on SuSE 6.0 with the 2.2.8 kernel with windo=
ws
> clients running whfc.  I have commented out the Hylafax line in inetd.c=
onf per
> info found on SuSE/Hylafax.
>=20
> Both faxq and hfaxd are started however any faxes sent to the
> server are queued but not sent (within the timeframe of my limited pait=
ence).
> Now (whether or not I kill the hfaxd and faxq processes), if I run faxs=
etup
> Hylafax will start working properly and send the faxes in the queue
> and from then on send immediately upon reciept.  I have tried running '=
faxmodem
> ttyS3' after boot, but that didn't help.  This kind of smells of a perm=
issions

Hi,

is faxgetty running ? If not install faxgetty. Also read the
documentation on http://www.hylafax.org instead of the
suse documentation, because not all people have suse
installed. If faxgetty does not help, have a look
in your logs .Probably you have to increase the logging
level of hylafax (see the troubleshooting section of the
HylaFAX documentation).

Uli

--=20
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom GbR=20