Re: Hylafax boot funkiness...

On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 07:25:51AM -0700, Dave Preston wrote:
> Hmmm... I was under the impression that faxgetty was needed only for inbound
> faxes which is not a concern of mine at this time.  But I'll give it a shot and
> let you know.

To clarify a point:

faxgetty is only _necessary_ for systems which are receiving faxes.  It
is, however, _recommended_ for systems which are send only, as well,
because it provides HylaFax with positive control over the modem,
making it possible to see it's status, etc.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592