From: Dave Preston [mailto:dave.preston@e-mortgage1.com]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 1999 12:05 PM
To: flexfax@sgi.com
Subject: flexfax: Hylafax boot funkiness...

I'm running Hylafax 4.0pl2 on SuSE 6.0 with the 2.2.8 kernel with windows
clients running whfc.  I have commented out the Hylafax line in inetd.conf
per
info found on SuSE/Hylafax.

Both faxq and hfaxd are started however any faxes sent to the
server are queued but not sent (within the timeframe of my limited
paitence).
Now (whether or not I kill the hfaxd and faxq processes), if I run faxsetup
Hylafax will start working properly and send the faxes in the queue
and from then on send immediately upon reciept.  I have tried running
'faxmodem
ttyS3' after boot, but that didn't help.  This kind of smells of a
permissions
thing, but I have been prodding and pushing at this for a week and a half
now
with no results.  I have also tried setting CHECK_PERMISSIONS=warn (as
opposed
to 'yes')in the boot.local again with no results.  Any suggestions at all
would
be appreicated.

Thanks,
-dave