Re: faxrm JobID via e-mail

Hello, thanks for the responses

The problem is that only the user uucp can delete the jobs (not even
root), so the tricky part is su'ing (from within a script) to uucp to be
able to run=20

    faxrm 22

Is there a way (a conf option somewhere) to allow any user to run faxrm?

> Expect?  I'd just pipe mail to that address to a perl script that did
> some parsing and validating, and then unlinked the appropriate file.

Could do, if I knew where the file was. what's more, faxrm when utilized
properly kicks a nice e-mail back to the original submitter saying job
successfully deleted. (ya could make perl do that too, but..)

- eric

"Jay R. Ashworth" escribi=F3:
>=20
> On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 03:59:33PM -0300, Eric Dahnke wrote:
> > I would like to be able to remove a fax job by sending a message to
> > fax-remove@domain.fax, where the subject line reads
> >
> >   JobID: 22      (the job to remove)
> >

> > I've got a few ideas on how I could go about this with expect scripts=
,
> > etc. Anyone wish to share how they would go about it?
>=20
> Expect?  I'd just pipe mail to that address to a perl script that did
> some parsing and validating, and then unlinked the appropriate file.
>=20
> You might even be able to do it with procmail, but I suspect it would
> need some help...
>=20
> Cheers,
> -- jra
> --
> Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra@bayl=
ink.com
> Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Diction=
ary.
> The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
> Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 7=
90 7592