Re: More compile problems with Linux 2.2

Hi David,

At 01:08 PM 5/29/99 -0400, David A. De Graaf wrote:
>I, too, am trying to compile hylafax under RedHat 6.0 without success.
>Your patch, with the conditions removed, did allow to Dispatcher.c++
>to compile.  This has moved the problem downstream to SendFaxJob.c++.
>The number of "warning" messages has mushroomed from 27 with RH 5.2
>to 417 with RH 6.0, and the make hasn't even finished!

Could you cut and paste the warnings, it should compile under Redhat 5.2
without any warnings, with the fixes it should also compile cleanly under
Redhat 6.0(please don't paste all 417 warnings here, just the first dozen
or so).

>I am just bewildered by this complex C++ code, and can only hope that
>you and other smart programmers can fix these problems, and soon.

rjc-8(which has the Dispatcher.c++ stuff fixed) should be posted very
soon(as soon as Darren reads his email ;-).

>It is an awful situation when an apparently worthwhile upgrade like
>RH 6.0 renders an essential major package like hylafax unusable.
>I surely hope you can find the time and motivation to wade through all
>the problems and fix them.  The rest of us are waiting hopefully for
>news.

I do not currently have access to a Redhat 6 machine, but the problems so
far reported have not being too hard to fix - i have a patch which i will
put into the cvs soon which removes the fds_bits stuff from the general
code.  I have not yet seen any other definite problems that should stop it
compiling under a glibc-2.1 machine.

- Robert