SEGVIO on DEC alpha running RedHat 5.2

Hi robert,

I am afraid, I am back. . . I obtained
ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/pub/hylafax/binary/linux/srpms/hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5.src.rpm
and went though the process. I have set a lot of configuration
information correct so that libraries and tiff utilities can be found.
But still the problem is that when I run faxq it SEGVIO's when an other
process connects (like faxgetty). It looks like it is really the first
contact between the two that kills faxq.

The detailed information is identical to the information I submitted
before. For reason of completeness I enclose it again in this mail:

[root@alpha faxd]# gdb
GNU gdb 4.17.0.4 with Linux/x86 hardware watchpoint and FPU support
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "alpha-redhat-linux".
(gdb) file faxq
Reading symbols from faxq...done.
(gdb) run -D
Starting program: /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/hylafax-v4.0pl2/faxd/faxq -D
[***HERE I started faxgetty***]
0x12003d06c in Dispatcher::notify (this=0x12016c0b0, nfound=1,
    rmaskret=@0x11ffff570, wmaskret=@0x11ffff5f0, emaskret=@0x11ffff670)
    at Dispatcher.c++:666
666                 int status = _rtable[i]->inputReady(i);
(gdb)

Display command in gdb revealed:
i = 0
this->_nfds = 6
nfound = 0
_rtable = 0x120171220
_rtable[0] = 0x0

This certainly looks like the problem discussed in the archives
199-03/msg000218.html. I do understand the thinking going on there but
it is not (yet) a crisp solution to me. What shall I do? How to proceed?

Simon.