Is there a solution to the "No response to MPS or EOP" problem?

Hi all,

I have looked at the archives but I can't find a solution to the problem I
get sending to some fax machines ie:

"Your facsimile job to 08-8232-2924 failed because:
    No response to MPS or EOP repeated 3 tries; Giving up after 3 attempts
to send same page"

I have tried a 3Com US Robotics 56K Voice Faxmodem and a Netcomm 56K
Roadster with the same result.

I seem to be getting this result about 25% of the time from various fax
machines - some are new, some older.

I will have to go back to paper faxing (which drives me crazy!) if I can't
rely on a computer method.

Thanks,

Phil.

Philip Rhoades