Re: Printing entire fax

Mark Comins wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am using a script provided in the FAQ of Hylafax.org to print out
> received faxes.  We are able to print the fax but it appears the top
> line of the fax showing the header info is missing.  If I specify the
> flag -sPAPERSIZE=a4 then the entire page prints out after I tell the
> printer to accept the odd paper size.  We are using gs5.5 and Hylafax-v4.0
> on a SCO rel5 Enterprise system.  Below is the script I am using
>
> /usr/lcoal/HylaFAX-v4.0/tiffbin/fax2ps $1 |/usr/local/bin/gs -q
> -sDEVICE=ljet4 -dNOPAUSE -r300X300 -sOutputFile=- -|lpr -dprintername
> -oraw
>
> I have tried to modify the gs_statd.ps to change the default papersize for
> letter.  I have also tries to use different print drivers for -sDEVICE.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

> Mark Comins
> Aperion Information Technologies, Inc.
> Oxford, MI  48371
> (248) 969-9791
>
> mtcomins@aperion.com
>
> http://www.aperion.com

Mark:

We are using HylaFAX-v4.0pl2 on SCO 5.0.5 (originate only).
We only need to send letter and legal size documents and found
that we could not send legal size without modifying the
"/usr/local/HylaFAX-v4.0/spool/bin/ps2fax" script.  In the
case statement "*x364)" the following line reads "paper=b4;;".
We found that HylaFAX was sending the incorrect size for
legal size paper; therefore, we changed this line to read
"paper=legal;;".  After we did this we were able to send
faxes perfectly.  Your problem may be related to this.  In
addition, we found that we would get a "Transmit Phase B"
error sometimes when we tried to send a legal size page and
hadn't changed this parameter.

Hope this helps,

Chen Coulter
software_sourcery@bigfoot.com