Re: Modified Huffman protocol

> > You are aware that Sportsters have problems in anything but Class 1?
>
> No. What files would I need to edit to switch it to class 1?

See the documentation, or look through the archives and web sites for the
many many references to the problems with Sportsters.

> > faxgetty has handed off to the normal voice getty because the modem thinks
> > the incoming call is a data one.
>
> Could call distinction (AT+FAA=1) be causing this problem? I'm not sure
> how to disable it, I commented out the "ModemSetupAACmd:	AT+FAA=0"
> command in config.cua1, but I'm not sure if it's been disabled.

I don't have a Sportster, so I don't know exactly how to configure it.

> I didn't really configure getty, HylaFAX just did it by itself. I am
> aware that it is a security risk. But I don't know enough about HylaFAX
> to disable it...

In my view, it should not have been enabled in the first place, and, as
far as I know, it is not enabled by default if you build from source.
I'll re-ask this question in a way that might attract the RH supporters.

> > Are you sure that the sending modem is generating fax calling tone?
>
> Yes. It was an urgent fax, so when HylaFAX kept failing I rebooted the
> machine into NT4, and WinFax received it without any problems.

The real test for this is to listen for the tone; it is possible that the
other software is forcing a fax answer without waiting for calling tone.