Insecure Default in Red Hat Package (was: Modified Huffman protocol)

You'll have to follow the original thread for exact versions.  The context
is that Hylafax is answering in data mode and handing off to a data getty
when the user hasn't done anything explicit to enable data calls; this makes
the system insecure by default, if the user never wants the ability to log
in by default.  The Unix tradition is to start secure, although Microsoft
seem to take the opposite view.