Re: Service not available ... problem with HylaFax 4.0pl2

At 16:40 16/01/99 +0000, Jens Reimann <marvi06@ibm.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a RedHat 5.0 Intel and installed the RPM version of HylaFax
>4.0pl2. [snip]
>
>The syslog show the follow when I try to establish a connection to the
>fax server:
>
>Jan 16 19:20:06 spacenet A
>Jan 16 19:20:06 spacenet syslogd: Printing partial message
>Jan 16 19:20:06 spacenet ssertion failed "Invalid Str[] index", file
>".././util/Str.h" line 116.
>Jan 16 19:20:06 spacenet

Hi, Jens

This error message has only been seen twice before, both with RedHat 5.0
systems. I do not know if the first person to report it (May 98), Uwe
Schmeling <uschmeli@csa.de> ever found a solution.

The second person, Nicolas Jungers <nj@linkline.be> found it disappeared
after replacing a cable. He said (Nov 98):

>it turned to be a hardware problem, specifically I was using a USR
>sportster 28.8 correctly detected, but one of the hardware control wire was
>defective. I dunno which one (DTR or CTS), I could check if needed.

It's a bit of mystery?

You have another alternative, you could upgrade the RedHat...

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.