Re: config.site and versions?

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:44:54 +0000, Phil Watkinson <pkw@elgro.co.uk>
wrote:

>At 05:01 15/01/99 +0000, edw@detel.com (Ed Weinberg) wrote:
>>Greetings all,
>>
>>It has been a long time.  1.5 years ago I configured HylaFax.
>
>Hi, Ed,
>
>I remember it well. It certainly doesn't seem 18 months ago, you
>seemed to hit every problem and pitfall there was at the time. I
>recall that from the tone of the various replies people seemed
>quite impressed with your determination to succeed.
>
>Still, should be a lot easier second time around, unless it's a
>RedHat system of course...

Yes!  it is a RH and it was easier anyway.  I followed some
instructions I found in another post.  The key was forcing the RPM
install!

The other thing I did to make it easier is get a new USR voice modem.
The non-voice V90 modems appear to all be PNP and jumperless!

  --  Ed Weinberg,
      Detel, Inc., An Internet Presence Provider
      edw@detel.com