Re: Modified Huffman protocol

David Woolley wrote:
> You should be running faxgetty, not getty.

That's what I run. through init, with the "respawn" option.

> You are aware that Sportsters have problems in anything but Class 1?

No. What files would I need to edit to switch it to class 1?

> faxgetty has handed off to the normal voice getty because the modem thinks
> the incoming call is a data one.

Could call distinction (AT+FAA=1) be causing this problem? I'm not sure
how to disable it, I commented out the "ModemSetupAACmd:	AT+FAA=0"
command in config.cua1, but I'm not sure if it's been disabled.

> The data getty has failed rather fast, I think because of the inappropriate
> use of -h, which I believe forces a modem hangup when the getty is started,
> which is not a sensible thing to do when you have already answered an
> incoming call.  If this is correct, data calls could never have worked,
> so I would wan't to know why you have configured a data getty, given the
> security risks.

I didn't really configure getty, HylaFAX just did it by itself. I am
aware that it is a security risk. But I don't know enough about HylaFAX
to disable it...

> Are you sure that the sending modem is generating fax calling tone?

Yes. It was an urgent fax, so when HylaFAX kept failing I rebooted the
machine into NT4, and WinFax received it without any problems.

Thanks for your time,

S. Lee