what is going wrong

Hi,

I hope to be on the right spot:
I tried to install HylaFAX.
I am using RedHat 5.1

First I tried to download and install the newer RPM's. But this didn't
work out.
Problem : ghostscript-fonts-std >= 5.02 - I installed 5.5
libgr-devel >= 2.0.13 - is 2.0.13

So I tried to build from source... but then I got a message about a
missing tiffio.h. Tried to search for the file and did not found it.

I finally decided to go for a older version:
HylaFAX-4.0pl1-1.i386.rpm
This version installed thru rpm.
I run through the different scripts
-created a link from /dev/faxmodem /dev/cua2
-tested the connection through cu -l /dev/faxmodem

and when I try faxstat - I get no answer.
I tried to do a simple sendfax -d anumber /etc/passwd
tried faxstat again and nothing was there.

BTW : modem is not connected....
Shouldn't I see a kind of queing, when running faxstat.

Or what did I do wrong?
I've been searching www.hylafax.org... but didn't found anything, that
could help me.

Is there anything that I can test for ...

Thanks for your answer
CU
Herman