Re: help? cant install rpm package

Chucka@freedomsystems.com wrote:

> if i do this.....
> {root@host2 /rpms]#rpm -U hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5.i386.rpm
>
> i get this .......
> failed dependecies:
>                 ghostscript-fonts-std >= 5.02 is needed bu hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5
>
> ive looked for a rpm for ghostscript but cant seem to find one .... i have gotten a bunch of fonts but it doesnt seem to have a place to put them ? and i cant seem to find 5.02 just 5.05 or so and definately not a rpm...

Try here:

ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/redhat/contrib/noarch/ghostscript-fonts-std-5.10-7.noarch.rpm

and here:

ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/redhat/contrib/i386/ghostscript-5.10-6.i386.rpm

These seemed rather hard to find.  I think the "noarch" means
architecture-independent, which makes sense, if it's just a bunch of
font files.

You'll have to install one of them with the --ignore-deps option (think
that's it), since, goofily enough, the packages are dependent *on each
other*.

Anyway, these are the ones I'm using, so they ought to work!  :-)