Re: Help?

David Reid wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> So my small Unix box that had been used and abused for a year or so
> fjinally got too much for me so I blew it away and its now running FreeBSD
> 3.0.  All fine so far but Hylafax won't work with it.  The modem is a US
> Robotics and I can use cu to see it and query it, probemodem will find and
> communictae with it but afterwards keep moaning about the modem being hung.
>  The modem is on cuaa1 (Com 2) and I can't see anything obvious that's
> hogging it.  when I run faxmodmem cuaa1 I get FIFO : open : device nmot
> configured, yet I've amended the config.cuaa1 and file have run faxsetupo
> about 3 times.

Does the modem work at all?  I mean with say, minicom?  Try to send some
commands to it and see what happens.

NB: if you're planning to do any heavy faxing with this thing I would
strongly suggest not using a US Robotics ... it works but it will be a
constant source of trouble.

--
Tim Kelley
tpkelley@winkinc.com