Re: How can I configure Hylafax to retry outbound faxes more than the default?

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, Stan Brown wrote:

>   Now I have need to send to a site that has somewhat flakey faxes. I
>   need to increase the number of retries on outbound faxes.

If you're using sendfax(1), you could try adding

    MaxTries:   3

to either /usr/local/lib/fax/hyla.conf or /usr/local/lib/fax/sendfax.conf.

Another alternative solution that was suggested by Mark
Wilson <percy@woodrow.demon.co.uk> some time ago is tying down the
speed for this particular destination.

    >Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:47:36 +0100 (BST)
    >From: "Mark Wilson (P. Kay Associates)" <percy@woodrow.demon.co.uk>
    >To: harris@hightide.net.au
    >Cc: flexfax@sgi.com
    >Subject: Re: flexfax: No response to MPS with old fax machines..

    >Hi,
    >Try tying down the speed for this particular destination by prefixing the
    >speed line in /var/spool/fax/info/phone_no (phone_no being the
    >destination no.) with an ampersand, and reducing the actual BPS mentioned
    >there; f'rinstance, change maxSignallingRate:"14400" to
    >&maxSignallingRate:"4800"

    >This cured similar problem for me; I guessed that the remote fax was
    >lying about how fast it could go.

    >Mark Wilson
    >P. Kay Associates Ltd.

Cheers.