Re: Modem uses only 1-D format

Glenn Burkhardt wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > i have checked this. My ps2fax generates 2-D encoded files. But the
> > FaxQueuer
> > seems to decide not to use 2-D encoding :
>
> How strange! At least we know it's faxq that's doing it...
>
> > Any further hint where i can have a look. Currently i will dig throug
> > the
> > sourcecode, if i can find something.
>
> The PS to fax converter is run by the 'faxq' daemon.  The decision on whether to use 1D or 2D encoding is made in faxQueueApp.c++:528, and the converter is run at faxQueueApp.c++:994 (in hylafax-v4.0pl0).
>
> I've tried a couple of times to run faxq under gdb, but I wasn't able to get it to work.  I'll try again as time permits.

Hi,

i have checked faxQueueApp.c++. The decisson is also at line 528 in
HylaFAX v4.0p2. For
debugging i have put some line which should output some infos about the
decission :
----------
     * o the user hasn't specified a desire to send 1D data.
     */

char *t1, *t2;
if (use2D) t1 = "True";
else t1 = "false";
if ( job.modem->supports2D()) t2="True";
else t2= "false";
traceServer("Use2d = %s job.modem->supports2D %s " , t1, t2 );

    if (req.desireddf > DF_1DMR) {
        params.df = (use2D && job.modem->supports2D() &&
-----------

and i get now the following message from this line :

Jun  9 16:55:21 henko FaxQueuer[433]: Use2d = True job.modem->supports2D
false

So it seems that i have to search the problem in the function
job.modem->supports2D()
which i will do tomorrow.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt       http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli
Signalgroßtat des wu-ftpd 2,4 (unvollständig?)