Re: Modem uses only 1-D format

Glenn Burkhardt wrote:

> > > Do i have to set an other parameter for using 2-D compression or
> > > is this a limitation of the Zyxel Modem ?
> >
> > Early versions of ghostscript (possibly all Gnu ones) don't do 2D properly,
> > so I think you may find that the default configuration blocks it.
>
> Not true.  The only requirement for Ghostscript is that the tiffg32d driver be
> included when Ghostscript was built.  The driver was put in the public domain years ago, and should be in the Ghostscript distributions you currently find
> on the net.
>
> As for your modem, query it with the command:

Hi,

i use ghostscript (4.01) with the tiffg32d driver. The Zyxel Modem is
capable of 2-D and the HylaFAX server receives faxes with 2-D format
but does not send them with 2-D format.

Is there a good setting for Server/Session tracing so that i can
see why HylaFAX decides to use 1-D compression ?.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt       http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli
Signalgroßtat des wu-ftpd 2,4 (unvollständig?)