Re: HylaFAX and RPM's

At 04:58 PM 5/25/98 -0500, Dave Parker wrote:

>Hmmm..  I think I'll do a clean install of 5.1 on a virgin machine and try
>to get HylaFAX built on that and see what happens.  It took me a few tries
>before I finally got it right on COL 1.2, but all it took was a fairly
>thorough reading of the docs and the humility to assume that the writer
>knew what he/she was talking about.  I guess those two things (reading AND
>trusting the docs) are not as common as you might think.

If it's any consolation to the distribution makers, on my Slackware Linux,
I had to do absolutely nothing extra to get it to install...

./configure ; make ; make install type of things...

All I did was change some of the directories to match my wierd partitions.

Maybe RedHat's just %$#@ ;-)  (I know, I know...)

a.

Aidan Van Dyk                               aidan@magma.ca
   Magma Communications Ltd                 Phone: +1 613 228-3565
   Unit 201, 52 Antares Drive               Fax:   +1 613 228-8313
   Nepean, Ontario, K2E 7Z1                 WWW:   http://www.magma.ca/