Re: HylaFAX and RPM's

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

>At 04:58 PM 5/25/98 -0500, Dave Parker wrote:
>>
>>Hmmm..  I think I'll do a clean install of 5.1 on a virgin machine and try
>>to get HylaFAX built on that and see what happens.  It took me a few tries
>>before I finally got it right on COL 1.2, but all it took was a fairly
>>thorough reading of the docs and the humility to assume that the writer
>>knew what he/she was talking about.  I guess those two things (reading AND
>>trusting the docs) are not as common as you might think.
>
>If it's any consolation to the distribution makers, on my Slackware Linux,
>I had to do absolutely nothing extra to get it to install...
>
>./configure ; make ; make install type of things...
>
>All I did was change some of the directories to match my wierd partitions.
>
>Maybe RedHat's just %$#@ ;-)  (I know, I know...)

I like RedHat's stuff, but they're as 'bleeding edge' as I'd like to get.
They do really good work and keeping up with their latest is a good way
for me to stay abreast of where Linux is heading, but I also like COL for
for the image they're trying to project to corporate/business users...  I
think there's plenty of room in the marketplace for both companies, and
others as well..
--
Dave Parker/DLP, Inc     dlparker@dlpinc00.com