Re: Special wish for "Distinctive Ring support"

Hi,

-> [snip]

->     The modem can show that number either at RING-time or at
->     CONNECT-time. The string will look like this:
->
->     RING;CALLER-NUMBER;CALLED(MY)-NUMBER
->
->     or
->
->     CONNECT;CALLER-NUMBER;CALLED(MY)-NUMBER
->
-> Does the "or" mean that the additional information come randomly
-> with the RING or the CONNECT message or do you have it unter
-> control? If the latter is true you should enable it for the
-> CONNECT message and it may work out of the box. If not check
-> the source in faxd/ for it.

Yes the latter is true an it works now out of the box! Thanks for the
tip which led me into deeper modem-configuration. With a spimple
CONNECT-Message followed by the numbers it works great.

-> BTW: the ZyXEL 2864I modem/TA hybrid has the same feature but
-> send it as RING\r\nFM:<calling party number>TO:<called party number>\r\n
-> which works fine with faggetty(1M).

I wanted to by that one first but it is nearly twice as expensive as
the ELSA.

->     When i tell the modem to do that, hylafax isn't answering the phone
->     anymore, because it doesn't look like RING anymore. So what can i do?
->
->     I am not afraid of changing the sourcecode but i need to know where
->     to look/change (not exactly the line but nearly what part...).
->
->     I read about "distinctive ring support". Is it possible to use that
->     feature for that?
->
-> Yes, but it's better to have the information in the CONNECT
-> message to pick it up from the session log (and not the server
-> log) in the hook in faxrcvd(1M) script.

Sure it is!

cu

   Dirk Traenapp
--

N  N W   W  OO   Dirk Traenapp, (Sysadmin / Postmaster)
NN N W   W O  O  NWO, Zum Oelhafen 207, 26384 Wilhelmshaven, Germany