HylaFAX and RPM's

On Mon, 25 May 1998, Dave Parker wrote:

> Nico Garcia wrote:

> >On Mon, 25 May 1998, Dave Parker wrote:
> >
> >> I haven't been following this thread very closely because I'm running
> >> HylaFAX
> >> 4.0pl2 built from the sources on COL 1.2 with no problems, but how, other
> >> than the lib issues, does 4.0.2-9 differ from 4.0pl2??
> >
> >Ghostscript location and font locations, "config.site", initialization
> >script, and who knows what else without installing.
>
> You mean that the rpm uses the default linux locations for gs and the
> fonts?  It wasn't THAT tough to build everything from the source
> distributions!!

I'm not sure which HylaFAX RPM's had it correctly set: the default
RedHat Linux for ghostscript fonts, etc., was not included in the
original HylaFAX configuration script. It therefore needed tweaking to
compile, either a symbolic link added or a modified config.site or
modified "configure" script.

Similarly, the "etc/hylafax.sh" script in the source used locations of
the script inconsistent with RedHat 5.0 and needed tweaking to install
as "hylafax" in /etc/rc.d/init.d/.

The RedHat 5.1 release is also coming out Real Soon Now. I am
frightened of the implementation of "linuxconf". That broken piece of
GUI !@#$ really, really screwed up my attempt to set up Linux
as a gateway machine from home to my ISP.

But we should perhaps save efforts to set up an RPM for *THAT*.