Re: HylaFAX and RPM's Re: flexfax: HylaFAX and RPM's

(forgive me if you receive this twice . . . somewhere along the line I've
picked up flexfax@celestial.com in my cc list, and I'm not able to post there.

<flexfax@celestial.com>

... while talking to camco.celestial.com.:
>>> HELO hewes.icl.ox.ac.uk
<<< 550 You are not permitted to send mail
... while talking to camco2.celestial.com.:
>>> HELO hewes.icl.ox.ac.uk
<<< 550 You are not permitted to send mail
554 <flexfax@celestial.com>... Service unavailable

Anyway, back to my original post:

  MA> The correct way is to create a right ./config.site file and run a clean
  MA> ./configure for the target system and ...

I'm not so sure . . . I don't think I can fault the following though:

./configure \
--with-DIR_BIN=/usr/bin \
--with-DIR_SBIN=/usr/sbin \
--with-DIR_LIBEXEC=/usr/sbin \
--with-DIR_LIBDATA=/usr/share/fax \
--with-DIR_LOCKS=/var/lock \
--with-TIFFINC=/usr/include \
--with-TIFFBIN=/usr/bin \
--with-DIR_MAN=/usr/man \
--with-PATH_GSRIP=/usr/bin/gs \
--with-DEFVRES=196 \
--with-DBLIBINC=/usr/include \
--with-DIR_AFM=/usr/share/fax/afm \
--with-LIBTIFF=-ltiff \
--with-DIR_HTML=/usr/doc/%{name}-$RPM_PACKAGE_VERSION-$RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE/html
 \
--with-DIR_CGI=/usr/doc/%{name}-$RPM_PACKAGE_VERSION-$RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE/html/
cgi-bin \
--with-DIR_SPOOL=/var/spool/fax \
--with-LIBDB=-ldb \
--with-ZLIB=no \
--with-AFM=no \
--with-DSO=LINUX \
--with-DSOSUF=so \
--with-HTML=yes

  MA> ... this should also fix all problems in etc/hylafax script (because it
  MA> is created by the configure from etc/hylafax.in). If not one should send
  MA> mods for a better etc/hylafax.in (e.g. with hooks for platform dependent
  MA> scripts).

I will do so if warranted. As you say, the existing script should be fine, at
least it always has been for me.

  MA> I think most of the problems in the RPM's are the result of putting
  MA> things together in a wrong way or w/o knowledge how the things are
  MA> designed to be (remember the discussion about creating modem-config files
  MA> by hand and not run the faxsetup(1M) tool).

There are actually very few glaring problems in the RPM at the moment. I'm
adding the housekeeping, and removing a few of the more adventurous and
controversial departures from HylaFAX convention, though I am leaving the
xferfaxstats stuff in (and have fixed faxcron).

-Darren