sendpage/hfaxd hang with hylafax 4.0pl1, Solaris 2.5.1

Hi all,

I'm running Hylafax 4.0pl1 on an Ultra 2 running Solaris 2.5.1 with  4
USRobotics Modems.  Although we are using the server for fax, our main
concern is paging.  We send about 400 pages per day.

When I was running hfaxd in standalone mode, every few hours, there would
be another hfaxd...  After 3 days, there were about 12 copies of hfaxd
running and 30 sendpage processes were hung in the process.

I then started running hfaxd -S and hfaxd -I out of inetd, behind tcpwrappers,
but I also would get hung copies of hfaxd -S in the process table, each with
one sendpage process hadn't exited, either.  Just as above, this didn't happen
with every page, but enough to be a significant problem.  BTW:  hfaxd -S and
hfaxd -S -d in inetd.conf had the same effects.

Has anyone had similar experiences?  Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot
this further?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jason Sonnenschein
ANS Communications