Re: Problem in faxcron: Would someone please check the

Thanks to David Birnbaum and Nico Garcia for their responses to my query.

As David pointed out:

    If nothing matches the REGEX, than it will return the REGEX; ie, echo
    *.foo will return "*.foo" if nothing in the directory matches.  I suspect
    that something is happening here....

And he was right, because if one changes the script to read:

cd /var/spool/fax
for i in log/c[0-9]*; do
  echo $i
done

then all the files in the log directory as listed.  (N.B., a 'c' has been
added to the original version that I posted.

Nico wrote:

> Bash does a lot of things in a subtly different fashion,  but this is
> not one of them, according to the test I just ran under bash 1.14.7.
> Something else is going on.

Then I wonder whether Nico's /var/spool/fax/log directory do not start with
'c'?

Are there different starting file names in log depending on which OS one is
using?  Or is this script just left over from a time when Hylafax was using
different file names?

Cheers,
   Seth Chaiklin

--